MICRO Program (Ages U6 and U7)
Objectives: Learn fundamental movement skills and build overall motor skills in a fun environment. Continue to master the body and begin to master the ball. Players at this phase should begin to understand the basic rules of the game (i.e. goal kick, corner kick, indirect kick, kick-off, and minor fouls).
- Make skill development the number one priority and ensure that it is well structured, challenging, positive and fun.
- Help develop fundamental movement skills before soccer specific skills are made priority.
- Introduce participants to simple soccer tactics.
- Help develop speed, power and endurance using many different fun games and activities.
- Help develop linear, lateral and multi-directional speed with the duration of repetitions less than 5 seconds.
- Have participants regularly rotate through all positions including goalkeeper and promote equal playing time.
WCAGFC Micro Program
Our Micro programs are technically driven with a CSA certified Head Coach running a 45 minute weeknight training session encompassing fun drills for skill development once Head Coaches are assisted by junior coach(es) and volunteer parent coaches. Player to coach ratio will be a maximum of 8:1. On weekends, players have a chance to try their new skills in mini-games against their peers. These mini-games are coached by parent volunteer coaches with technical staff on hand to assist. Boys will play their games on Saturdays between 9 am - 1 pm and girls will play their games on Sundays between 9 am - 1 pm.
Another feature of this program is the identification of players who have the ability and higher skill level to "play up" an age group. These players would also need the commitment to play the game at an advanced level. Players are challenged for a better opportunity to realize their athletic potential. Part of the "playing up program" consists of the Fall Academy, Spring Academy and the Spring Free Play Program.
To continue to be part of WCAGFC Playing Up Program, it is essential that all players attend the Fall Academy and Spring Academy and participate in the Spring Free Play Program. Players will develop and train together at these programs. Exhibition games throughout the Fall and Winter months will be arranged for these players.
Program Cost:$175 + $50 jersey deposit
* a post-dated cheque of $50 jersey deposit fee provides for the use of a reversible jersey for the season
* jersey deposit cheques will be collected at your child's first session
* once the jersey is returned to the Club after the season ends, the Club will shred your cheque
|* U6 Boys EAST||Mon Sept 9 - Dec 9 & Jan 6 - Feb 24 5:30 pm - 6:15 pm||Albion Sports Complex|
|* U7 Girls EAST||Mon Sept 9 - Dec 9 & Jan 6 - Feb 24 6:30 pm - 7:15 pm||Albion Sports Complex|
|* U6 Girls WEST||Mon Sept 9 - Dec 9 & Jan 6 - Feb 24 5:30 pm - 6:15 pm||Harris Road South|
|* U7 Boys WEST||Mon Sept 9 - Dec 9 & Jan 6 - Feb 24 6:30 pm - 7:15 pm||Harris Road South|
Note: No sessions October 14, Nov 11, Dec 16, 23, 30
|* U7 Girls WEST||Thurs Sept 12 - Dec 12 & Jan 9 - Feb 27 5:30 pm - 6:15 pm||Harris Road South|
|* U6 Boys WEST||Thurs Sept 12 - Dec 12 & Jan 9 - Feb 27 6:30 pm - 7:15 pm||Harris Road South|
Note: No sessions October 10, Nov 7, Dec 19, 26 and Jan 2
|* U7 Boys EAST||Fri Sept 13 - Dec 13 & Jan 10 - Feb 28 5:30 pm - 6:15 pm||Albion Sports Complex|
|* U6 Girls EAST||Fri Sept 13 - Dec 13 & Jan 10 - Feb 28 6:30 pm - 7:15 pm||Albion Sports Complex|
Note: No sessions October 11, Nov 8, Dec 20, 27 and Jan 3
Note: WCAGFC reserves the right to adjust times and locations and combine or cancel sessions based on registration numbers and/or weather conditions.